Blogging Makes Me Fat

>> Saturday, May 3, 2008

Because if I didn't blog, I'd never have come across Muddy's blog. But because I read Muddy's blog, I noticed something that I hadn't before. Or, Mary noticed it.


On the way to Wild Oats / Whole Foods, we pass a little strip mall that I generally ignore. We'd just passed it when Mary said "I saw a store called 'Muddy's Bake Shop' ". I said "no way", and drove back around to check it out.


There it was: Muddy's . Pre-blog, if I'd noticed this store, I'd have thought that that was a really weird name, and kept on going.






Now, however, I felt like I owed it to Muddy the Blogger to go in and visit.


I am torn between that having been the best thing I've done in a long time, or the very, very, very worst.


First glance, I loved it. So quaint!! Benches and tables and mismatched chairs, upholstered rocker, games, pink chalkboard. . . . the coffee was on a table, and above it was a pegboard covered in colorful mugs.





The employees were friendly - the young cashier mentioned in conversation that she was a homeschool graduate. The food was being made out in the open, behind the counter. The women were wearing the cutest homemade aprons, and they sold them in the back of the store.






The best things: the cookies were only fifty cents. We bought five of them - just to be courteous, you know. Chocolate chip, and peanut butter. Were they good? By the time we made it across the parking lot to Wild Oats, Mary and I had inhaled them. Gone. And we've talked about them ever since.


They are made with natural ingredients, organic milk, etc. They taste REAL, not like chemicals.


They were so good that you either didn't care if you had to wear tent-size clothes for the indulgence, or you'd be willing to go to an aerobics class every morning at 8 a.m. I'm not sure yet what catagory I fall into.



Here's how I'm working it: I've found my incentive to list the eBay 'stuff' that is taking over the house...... because Muddy's will be my reward. I'll go and sit and have coffee and treats and read a book or play a game. I'm so looking forward to it that I'm really ready to start my ebay listing.


Visit their website - great food photos and the identity of "Muddy" : )


Just don't do it if you're hungry!!





7 comments:

Amy, A Redeemed Sheep May 3, 2008 at 9:54 PM  

When I get down to my goal size, I'm gonna get me some of those delicious treats!! Yummy!!!

Renna May 3, 2008 at 10:19 PM  

Oh, my. At first thought, I'm terribly jealous, as we have no Muddy's here. On second thought, my waistline knows that's a good thing.

I'm sticking with "first" thought! ;-Þ

Take a look at this page, but you better have a drool bucket nearby... http://muddysbakeshop.com/photos.html

janicefo281 May 3, 2008 at 10:36 PM  

Now you tell me...Just when I thought blogging was safe to do. Thank goodness time here is short now......

Muddy May 3, 2008 at 10:44 PM  

Oh wow! Just wow! WOW! I am speachless there.

I absolutely love it. I need to visit there. I am tempted to email them.

If I ever do another giveaway, I wonder if they would send me something in the mail that I could giveaway. Muddy gives away muddy? I dont know, Im brainstorming here. LOL

The fudge on their page looks wonderful! What a nice find. Glad that my name caught your eye on THEIR store.

Wow!

MSM May 4, 2008 at 7:53 AM  

Muddy, they should give you a free cookie!

sourpatch May 4, 2008 at 10:42 AM  

Did I hear free cookies?!

sourpatch

Holly September 7, 2009 at 11:30 PM  

Muddy's is AMAZING! Please stop by and say Hi!
~ Holly M.

Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

About This Blog

About This Blog

LaLa

  © Blogger template Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP