Bloggy Giveaway

>> Monday, April 21, 2008




Bloggy Giveaways Quarterly Carnival Button


It's here again!


This round I'm giving away a brand-new, with tags, Williams Sonoma apron and a one pound bag of organic candy.


The
jessie steele fine hostess bib apron retails for $48.00. It is a fruit print fabric, with red edging and half circle pocket. The bottom of the apron is 'skirted'. Very very cute! It might make someone want to cook!



The candy is a one pound bag of Pomegranate Pucker Organic drops from YummyEarth. 100% natural colors - no chemical dyes, 100% natural flavors, real fruit extracts, 100% vegan. Allergen free.




Just leave any comment (make sure your name links back to a way of contacting you, or leave an email address), and for shipping consideration, please have a U.S. address.

*Contest ends 9pm CST, Sunday April 27th. Winner will be announced on Monday.*

If you have a favorite dish to cook, I'd much enjoy it if you shared, but that's not required. Have fun, and thanks for entering!

202 comments:

Lady Why April 21, 2008 at 8:58 AM  

Enter me! Enter me!! Thanks for the great prize!!

Unknown April 21, 2008 at 9:14 AM  

Love the apron!

Anonymous April 21, 2008 at 9:30 AM  

Please enter me! Awesome prize! Favorite dish: I enjoy making twiced baked potato casserole!!

laurabethgraham1@gmail.com

Kimberly April 21, 2008 at 10:03 AM  

I LOVE to make Scones. I grew up on them. My great-grandfather used to make them all the time. Scones and a cup of tea... it doesn't get any better then that!

My name is Kimberly but for some reason it's coming up as my son Matthew's account.

marcia@joyismygoal April 21, 2008 at 10:39 AM  

Love that apron I am a baker at heart and my daughter is a vegan what a perfect prize for us:)
this is an old family FAVORITE
Blonde Brownies
2 c Sifted flour
2 ts Baking powder
1/4 ts Salt

1/2 c Butter or margarine
2 c Brown sugar
2 Eggs, slightly beaten
1 ts Vanilla

Combine first three ingredients and set aside. Melt butter in microwave or saucepan, add brown sugar, mix . Cool slightly. Add beaten egg and vanilla, stir just till combined. Stir in flour mixture. Spread in greased 9x13 inch pan.. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Do not overcook. Cool in pan. Cut into bars.

Renna April 21, 2008 at 11:21 AM  

That apron is adorable! Your post today reminds me I need to plan a contest give-away on my blog, too. What to give? What to give? ;-)

Anonymous April 21, 2008 at 11:26 AM  

Adorable!

Melissa April 21, 2008 at 11:28 AM  

I'd love to be entered, what a great prize.

Tuesday Girl April 21, 2008 at 11:34 AM  

I SO need an apron!

Britni April 21, 2008 at 11:55 AM  

I desperately need an apron. Pick me please!!

Jenny April 21, 2008 at 12:38 PM  

The apron is adorable! My favorite dish to make is fajitas!

Kirstin April 21, 2008 at 12:58 PM  

Oooh, I love the apron, and I don't have an apron, and I am a messy cook!!

I love to make chicken chimichangas and 4 cheese fettucini and homemade clam chowder. I think two of them are on my blog...not sure about the fettucini, but it is to die for. So if you'd like the recipe just let me know.

mattie April 21, 2008 at 1:30 PM  

Too cute! Here's a fave I saw on Paula Deen a while back. It took the standard holiday baked beans to a whole other level...

4 (16-ounce) cans baked beans
1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
1 cup molasses
1 cup BBQ sauce
2 tablespoon yellow or brown mustard
5 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
1 (6-ounce) can french-fried onions, crushed
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In large bowl, mix together beans, pineapple, molasses, BBQ sauce, mustard, bacon, and a third of the onions.
Add some salt and pepper, to taste. Pour beans in 9 by 13-inch casserole dish and sprinkle remaining crushed
onions and bacon on top. Cook in oven for 1 hour or until beans brown and bubble. Serve warm.

Anonymous April 21, 2008 at 1:33 PM  

oh I would love this apron, I have always wanted one! My favorite dish is....stir-fry with fried rice and LOTS of soy sauce, lol.
palmersf(at)bellsouth(dot)net

julie April 21, 2008 at 1:36 PM  

love to win...favorite dish is believe it or not meatloaf made by my mom.. yum!

Amy April 21, 2008 at 1:42 PM  

I just stopped by because you had been on my blog. How fun that you are having a giveaway! My favorite thing to make is tilapia. I just get the frozen tilapia, stick it in the pan with butter on top(quite a bit) and then freshly ground lemon pepper. Cook it for like 1/2 and hour and it is soooo delish!

Stacy April 21, 2008 at 2:16 PM  

Green salsa chicken enchilada

Mamacita April 21, 2008 at 2:30 PM  

What a pretty apron. :) And my son loves anything flavored pomegranate! My fave dish to cook is Chicken and Dumplings.
Here is a link to the recipe:

http://bigtallfreshair.blogspot.com/2008/01/comfort-food-chicken-and-dumplings.html

fortyb4forty April 21, 2008 at 2:36 PM  

Enter me, I'd love to win.

MamaGames - Alexa C. April 21, 2008 at 2:38 PM  

Yum! I'd love to nibble on the chocolate while cooking in that apron... :)

Julie April 21, 2008 at 2:58 PM  

chess cake is awesome.

Amanda Jayne April 21, 2008 at 3:06 PM  

My favorite thing to cook is chicken and rice! Thanks!

Muddy April 21, 2008 at 3:25 PM  

Hi there! Oh please enter me. What a cute apron.

Anonymous April 21, 2008 at 3:38 PM  

I would love this apron and candy.

Claire Roach April 21, 2008 at 3:48 PM  

I just discovered allrecipes.com that has some great meal ideas! Thanks for the giveaway.
claireroach81(at)hotmail(dot)com

Jenn April 21, 2008 at 3:59 PM  

Fabulous! I don't cook, at least not well. So I don't think you would wnat one of my recipes!

Anonymous April 21, 2008 at 4:02 PM  

Wow~ What a great give-away! I love the apron, can you believe I do not have an apron? And I am totally addicted to chocolate! You have a supercute blog! I'm going to add you to my blogroll.
xo~

Lissete April 21, 2008 at 4:22 PM  

Really cute apron! I'm not sure about it making me want to cook, but it will keep my clothes clean whe I have to!

My favorite dish is an awesome Stuffed Chicken Marsala.

bauer zoo April 21, 2008 at 4:26 PM  

great apron! enter me please!

Betsy April 21, 2008 at 4:36 PM  

Very cute!

Sweetpeas April 21, 2008 at 4:39 PM  

That apron is so cute!!

I'm not a fan of cooking, but I cook because I enjoy eating LOL. Some of my favorite recipes can be found here: http://broadhorizonsfood.blogspot.com/

HilLesha O'Nan April 21, 2008 at 4:41 PM  

Very nice! :)

michelle April 21, 2008 at 4:44 PM  

I love to cook. I don't know if I really have a favourite dish overall, because I really enjoy variety, and most of what I make is good in and of itself. If I had to pick one recipe though, that stands out, it would be Marilyn Moll's Beef Burgundy Simplified http://articles.urbanhomemaker.com/index.php?article=681

I also like to pair it up with the mashed potatoes on the Pioneer Woman's cooking site.

Mmmmmm. It makes my mouth water just thinking about it.

I would love to be entered in your giveaway.

Michelle
www.northofthe49.com
michelle (at) northofthe49 (dot) com

flmom April 21, 2008 at 4:46 PM  

Very cute apron and my oldest kiddo would love the candy (he loves Yummy Earth lollys). I just posted my homemade pizza recipe on my blog today - check it out!

Erin April 21, 2008 at 4:50 PM  

I love aprons, please enter me! Thanks for the giveaway!

Marla H. April 21, 2008 at 4:53 PM  

Cute apron! Enter me please!
mhode79(at)gmail(dot)com

Karin April 21, 2008 at 4:59 PM  

Cute apron! Thanks for the giveaway.

Tisha Alexander April 21, 2008 at 5:05 PM  

The apron is perfect!

Jenny B. April 21, 2008 at 5:06 PM  

VERY nice apron, and I love all the "doesn't have" it's on the candy. Enter me in!

annie laurie miller April 21, 2008 at 5:06 PM  

pretty please enter me!

Erica April 21, 2008 at 5:31 PM  

Oh oh oh, I love that apron! I need one so badly, I'm a mess in the kitchen!

Maude Lynn April 21, 2008 at 5:44 PM  

That apron is too cute!

Sandra April 21, 2008 at 5:52 PM  

One of my favorite recipes, simply because of its simplicity is Black Bean Salsa Salad. Take one can of black beans drained and rinced, one can of Rotel tomatoes drained, half of a onion, 1/2 cup or so of lime juice(enough to coat everything and give a little dressing) and salt to taste. Prepare at least one hour prior to serving, can be served cold or at room temperature. I like to serve it over rice or quinoa.

owatz(AT)telus (DOT)net

Mer April 21, 2008 at 6:32 PM  

I'm a big fan of chocolate chip cookies, though that's the extent of my cooking ability. But with a cute apron, I might be inspired to get into the kitchen a bit more.

Adena (aka cre82learn) April 21, 2008 at 6:33 PM  

Thanks for coming by my blog and entering my giveaway, good luck! I would love that apron!! I don't have a favorite dish *unless it's chocolate chip cookies* but I am always putting new recipes that I love up on my blog.
Adena
www.friendshipalley.com

Jaci Burton April 21, 2008 at 6:38 PM  

the apron is adorable! I really should start using one. I make a mess in the kitchen when I cook. My favorite recipe is my homemade spaghetti sauce. 1 lb ground beef, 1 can tomato paste, 1 can tomato sauce, 2 cloves garlic, 1 stick margarine or butter, 1/4 cup olive oil, italian spices, salt and pepper.

melt butter in pan, saute garlic for a minute or two, then add olive oil and tomato paste and sauce plus one tomato sauce can of water. cook until boiling then add italian spices (use any kind you can find in the spice section of the store), and salt & pepper, turn heat to low and cover. brown meat, pour off fat and add to sauce. heat for 1/2 hour, then pour over cooked spaghetti noodles. great with a side salad and bread. yum!

Anonymous April 21, 2008 at 6:39 PM  

i love this apron! hope i win!

Michelle April 21, 2008 at 6:48 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous April 21, 2008 at 7:11 PM  

Beautiful apron! I have a dairy allergy, so vegan candy is perfect for me!!

Rebecca (Ramblings by Reba) April 21, 2008 at 7:14 PM  

The apron and candy sound GREAT! Even though I don't cook... My hubby does, though. :)

My best recipe goes something like this: pour cereal in bowl and add milk to taste. :)

Heather April 21, 2008 at 7:30 PM  

I love to bake almost anything! I have a yummy recipe for yeast rolls on my blog that I will post here:
Easy Yeast Rolls
1 cup water
2 T butter, softened
1 egg
3 1/4 cup bread flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 t salt
3 t yeast

Place all ingredients in bread pan in the order listed. Select dough cycle. When cycle is finished, grease cookie sheet. Divide dough into 12 pieces. Shape each piece into ball. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Brushes with melted butter, if desired. Cover with clean cloth; let rise 30-40 minutes or until double.**

Heat oven to 375. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Brush tops with melted butter again, if desired.

**My bread machine has a rising cycle built in so if I'm strapped for time, there's no need for this step of extra rising. I just divide the dough, brush with butter and bake! They are so wonderful

Suzy April 21, 2008 at 7:45 PM  

Awesome apron!

Anonymous April 21, 2008 at 7:46 PM  

What a yummy prize!

Michelle Olsen Sasak April 21, 2008 at 7:48 PM  

The apron is so cute! And I especially like the candy. Both of my daughters are allergic to gluten, soy & dairy, so there is very little candy they can have. They'd really enjoy having some. I don't have any recipes nowadays, we cook simple, unspiced chicken, pork or beek with plain potatoes or rice and a veggie. Very boring, but it guarantees it will be safe for the girls. I'd love to win! Thank you for the chance =)

Anonymous April 21, 2008 at 7:48 PM  

Fried Rice--using my soaked brown rice: http://lymeadehealth.blogspot.com/2008/02/cooking-soakedsprouted-brown-rice.html

I like to use leftover rice to make this as my stand-by meal.

Denise April 21, 2008 at 8:00 PM  

I watch Jon & Kate + 8 and they love their organic candy! I'd love to try some!

Nicol April 21, 2008 at 8:05 PM  

I am a beginner at cooking. I have been trying out new recipes and have a few that I like but they are totally basic. I do love aprons. Don't know why, but I really like aprons. The candy sounds delicious too!

Meredith April 21, 2008 at 8:13 PM  

I love the apron, and the candy sounds awesome. I'm crazy about pomegranate!

meredithmd@gmail.com

Superdumb Supervillain April 21, 2008 at 8:16 PM  

I like to bake, in general, but brownies are my favorite.

please stop by my blog and enter my contests, too!

Jane April 21, 2008 at 8:19 PM  

I love beef chow mein. Thanks for entering me.

Richelle April 21, 2008 at 8:25 PM  

Cute! Count me in, please!

jenny April 21, 2008 at 8:31 PM  

realy nice please enter me in thanks

Kathie B. April 21, 2008 at 8:33 PM  

cute apron. i enjoy a good oatmeal raisin cookie. :)

Summer April 21, 2008 at 8:44 PM  

I want to be a fashionable apron wearing hostess. Actually, I just want to have something to dirty up besides my jeans when I'm baking. Pick me!

Unknown April 21, 2008 at 8:46 PM  

Can friends enter your contest? If so, enter me. You already know my favorite dishes to make.

Niwi April 21, 2008 at 8:54 PM  

Yup, definitely makes me want to cook!

Living Life Happy April 21, 2008 at 9:03 PM  

How pretty!! Count me in!

Check out my blog and search for soup and you will find a really good soup on it. I have never had much luck with soup, but this is really good.

www.melodyanddoug.blogspot.com

Cactusflower April 21, 2008 at 9:27 PM  

This is such a great set of prizes -- so generous! Lately I have been cooking lots of things from either kraftfoods.com or pioneerwoman(dot)com. Both awesome and always tasty and family pleasing!

Cricket April 21, 2008 at 9:31 PM  

I love the apron and would really like to try the pom candy! As for a recipe I like to make...here is one I came across in a magazine ages ago and have been making since...Chai Tea Cupcakes!

Ingredients
*30 mini cupcake liners
*1 cup all-purpose flour
*1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
*1/4 cup instant chai tea mix
*1 teaspoon baking powder
*1/4 teaspoon salt
*1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
*3/4 cup sugar
*2 large egg
*1/3 cup milk
*1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Frosting
*3/4 cup softened cream cheese, from the tub
*1/4 cup instant chai tea mix
*1/4 cup powdered sugar
cocoa or powdered sugar to garnish

Directions
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Line mini muffin pans with liners.
3) Combine flour, chai mix, cocoa, baking powder and salt and whisk together.
4) In a large mixing bowl, combine butter and sugar and cream together (approx 3 minutes).
5) Add eggs one at a time and beat well.
6) Add vanilla.
7) On low speed, alternate adding flour and milk into the creamed butter mixture and beat.
8) Fill cupcake cups with batter 3/4 full.
9) Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until done.
10) Let cakes cool completely.
11) Combine all the ingredients and mix until smooth.
12) Refrigerate until cakes have cooled.
13) Frost cakes and sprinkle cocoa powder or powdered sugar on top frosting as a garnish.

Also, to make it easier to fill mini cupcakes holders, place batter in a large plastic ziplock bag, snip off a bit on the corner.

Rach April 21, 2008 at 9:50 PM  

I love making chocolate chip cookies!

Anonymous April 21, 2008 at 9:57 PM  

My husband always wants me to wear an apron when I cook (I tend to be a bit of a klutz)! This is a really cute one.

Anonymous April 21, 2008 at 10:11 PM  

so cute!

http://nottryingforaboy.com

jpandtheboys April 21, 2008 at 10:22 PM  

I would love to win an apron. I just told my husband yesterday I need one because I always am staining my clothes in the kitchen. Anyway, I love to cook chicken enchiladas, potato soup, hamburger stroganoff. I really enjoy cooking and I have a tendency to try new things more often then cooking the same thing over and over.
daisyduck0427@gmail.com

brooke April 21, 2008 at 10:55 PM  

That apron is adorable, and lately I'm obsessed with pomegranate.

Mrs. P. April 21, 2008 at 11:09 PM  

Love the fruit pattern!
I love when dh and I do a big breakfast fo rour family. I handle the baked french toast, juice, toast, and fruit. He does the bacon and homefries. It's just yummy and fun.

Melanie Penelope April 21, 2008 at 11:43 PM  

My husband does all the cooking, so I don't really have any recipes to share, but I would start if I had such a cute apron! What a great giveaway - thanks, I'd love to win! Please stop by and visit mine, too!

Allison April 22, 2008 at 12:01 AM  

Cool prize! Love the apron!

Mama April 22, 2008 at 12:01 AM  

Very generous giveaway! Thank you!

Please enter me and come visit my blog and enter my giveaway also.

noreen April 22, 2008 at 12:49 AM  

I love the adorable apron I really love Pomegranate but have never had it in candy form, sounds yummy.
My family and love Slow Cooker Curry beef http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Spicy-Beef-Curry-Stew-for-the-Slow-Cooker/Detail.aspx

Meg April 22, 2008 at 1:24 AM  

my current obsession is to make whole wheat tortillas. EASY.

i just mix 3c whole wheat flour, 1tsp salt, 1/4 tsp baking powder, 1c warm water and 1/4c olive oil. (you could also add your favorite spices) roll into balls and press in tortilla maker. i guess that is the only catch--my mom gave me one for christmas---get one!! it makes such a quick meal. you can put avocados, cheese, sour cream, tomatos, meat whatever---YUM!Thanks!

Lydia April 22, 2008 at 1:59 AM  

I love Jessica Steele aprons!

delightfulconfection[at]gmail[dot]com

Anonymous April 22, 2008 at 2:48 AM  

Sweet apron!

dbstout[at]juno[dot]com

Hey, don't forget my giveaways!

comfortjoydesigns.blogspot.com

acupofjoy.wordpress.com

thechocolistas.blogspot.com

Laura April 22, 2008 at 3:12 AM  

Oooh, this definitely makes me want to cook. Speaking of which, I have plans for some lemon cookies today!

Thanks for the great giveaway! Happy carnivaling.
laurachilton {at} hotmail {dot} com

Katy April 22, 2008 at 5:19 AM  

That apron is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I would just love to win! Thank you so much! :) have a great week!

Joanna April 22, 2008 at 7:22 AM  

What a lovely apron! Enter me, please!

Shalee April 22, 2008 at 8:09 AM  

That is simply adorable! I could totally see that on my daughter who has taken a fancy to cooking this year.

Kristen April 22, 2008 at 8:36 AM  

Oooh, fun. I think I would look cute in that apron, too. Don't you think? I have a great place to store the candy too-my hips.

Qtpies7 April 22, 2008 at 9:22 AM  

I want the apron, but I am drooling at the Pomegranite candy! Yum!

Jes April 22, 2008 at 10:34 AM  

Please enter me! I need an apron very badly. I'm a messy cook. thanks
jes(AT)beautyfromchaos (dot)com

Anonymous April 22, 2008 at 10:57 AM  

Beautiful. I don't really have a single favorite. My family likes variety, though the kids detest anything with mushrooms.

Anonymous April 22, 2008 at 11:01 AM  

Please enter me!
My e-mail is (take out the parentheses and write it like a normal address):
misshoney_bee(at)hotmail(dot)com.

CrystalGB April 22, 2008 at 12:02 PM  

I love the apron. So pretty.

Momnerd April 22, 2008 at 12:05 PM  

That apron is adorable and the candy sounds delish! I want it. :)

Rebecca April 22, 2008 at 12:30 PM  

I love the apron - so super cute!
I love to make peach cobbler - and my hubby loves to eat it. ;0)

Heather April 22, 2008 at 1:03 PM  

What a cute & fun apron! One of my favorite things to cook is chocolate chip cookies. Alton Brown's The Puffy is a favorite recipe for them.

Debbie#3 April 22, 2008 at 1:42 PM  

What a cute apron! Please count me in!

Mom of thirteen April 22, 2008 at 1:45 PM  

VERY cute apron! Hope I win!

Anonymous April 22, 2008 at 1:53 PM  

Aw, I love how summery and fun that apron is! (And that candy looks yummy, too.)

I think my favorite thing to cook is probably lasagna (although I never make it in the spring and summer, too hot to do all that boiling and browning and baking!). Now's when I switch to salads and cold dinners, LOL! :)

Fizz
fizzledink AT gmail DOT com

Marcia April 22, 2008 at 2:09 PM  

My favorite dish to make is chicken pinwheels! My mom mixes up the dough, but any good bisquit dough works. We shred cooked chicken and chop up the carrots and celery. Roll out the dough and smear it with butter. Sprinkle on the chicken and veggies and roll it up like a cinnamon roll. Chop it up and bake it for about 30 minutes. Pour chicken gravy on top and serve with mashed taters! Mmmm! We also LOVE homemade egg noodles, but I don't know the recipe off by heart. They are a staple to our family tough!

Now I've taken up lots of space on your board haha. Have fun at the Carnival!!

aahcoffee April 22, 2008 at 2:22 PM  

I need an apron so badly! And the candy sounds delicious! So please pick me....if you do, I'll send you my world famous (well, at least this little corner of the world)cheesecake recipe. :)
julie_ruhlman(at)hotmail(dot)com

Genevieve P April 22, 2008 at 2:26 PM  

I love the apron! I think my favorite recipe is Carrot Sesame Salad--but I can't find my recipe right now!

Kyra April 22, 2008 at 3:15 PM  

Great giveaway! I love to make sweet and spicy pork chops! Take pork chops, taco seasoning, apricot preserves, and salsa and throw it all in the crock pot on low for 8 hours. YUM!

bethany April 22, 2008 at 3:15 PM  

Apron is so cute! My favorite recipe is salsa chicken cause it's so easy and good. Put a couple of chicken breasts (can still be frozen) in the crockpot and cover generously with salsa. Cook on high for 4-6 hours. Shred with a spatula and serve on tortillas with cheese and sour cream. YUM!

Unknown April 22, 2008 at 3:58 PM  

Cutest thing ever.

I like to cook risotto and then put tons of havarti cheese in it. Soo creamy.

sleepinghero666@gmail.com

Granola April 22, 2008 at 4:03 PM  

I love making blueberry scones (I think I just found a recipe off of allrecipes.com). Thank you!

Someone Being Me April 22, 2008 at 4:27 PM  

That apron is adorable. Please count me in.

Anonymous April 22, 2008 at 4:44 PM  

I could really use a new apron! And that candy sounds like it would be neat to try. Thanks!

Kathy (Mom to the Princesses in Disguise)
bigfamily8(at)yahoo(dot)com

Cathy M April 22, 2008 at 4:45 PM  

What a wonderful contest prize, the colors of the apron match my kitchen.

caity_mack(at)yahoo(dot)com

Michele @ Frugal Granola April 22, 2008 at 4:47 PM  

Both the apron and the candy sound wonderful! (And I really need a new apron!) :)
I like to cook curry dishes. Here is one of our favorites: http://frugalgranola.blogspot.com/2008/04/slow-
cooking-chicken-curry.html

Blessings,
Michele :)
www.frugalgranola.blogspot.com

Krista April 22, 2008 at 5:16 PM  

Oh, I really need an apron and this is so cute! my hubby would probably enjoy the candy!
My favorite dish is my ham and potato casserole! MMM!
teacherkrista at gmail dot com

Keryn April 22, 2008 at 6:57 PM  

I adore aprons, and I hate to admit it, but if I have cute ones, I'm more likely to bake! Silly but true. My email addy is in my blogger profile, just in case I win!

Marly April 22, 2008 at 7:13 PM  

Great giveaway - I am such a foodie! Thank you!

Anonymous April 22, 2008 at 7:21 PM  

What a wonderful gift. My husband was just teling me that I need an apron. I'm always getting myself dirty when making dinner. Thanks so much for your generosity!

fairydancer40[at]yahoo[dot]com

Ginny April 22, 2008 at 7:43 PM  

Pizza is my favorite & only dish I can make.

Beth @ TheAngelForever April 22, 2008 at 7:44 PM  

As I was baking some Passover muffins tonight I realized that I really need a new apron. What timing!

Thanks for the great giveaway :)

Anonymous April 22, 2008 at 8:05 PM  

I don't own a apron and would love to win one. Last time I made chocolate chip cookies from scratch I had a bit of a mess.

samsakara@twcny.rr.com

Unknown April 22, 2008 at 8:17 PM  

wow, i'm really intrigued by the candy. the apron is cute too!

CanCan April 22, 2008 at 8:42 PM  

I love the apron and the candy looks great! I'm vegetarian, and my favorite thing I have ever cooked is Tofu Turkey. I looked up the recipe on allrecipies.com and it care came out so GREAT I took a picture of it and it is on the website now. I can't remember if it is under "Tofu Turkey I" or "Tofu Turkey II". Look for "photo by Can Can"

lace April 22, 2008 at 8:56 PM  

The apron is adorable. I have become a bit of an apronaholic lately.

I also love anything pomegranate.

windycindy April 22, 2008 at 10:32 PM  

Happy Earth Day! Your prizes are fabulous! Aprons are a hot commodity right now. They do like nice. My elderly dad would love the candy. My husband is the chef in our home. He makes a wonderful pumpkin dessert for the holidays. Please enter me in your drawing. Thanks,Cindi'
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

glamorous girl April 22, 2008 at 10:40 PM  

It has been two christmas' that i have asked for an apron...have i gotten one yet...that would be a big fat NO! I'd love to win this - it's adorable! Thanks for the chance.
julieturnergrubb at hotmail. com

Christine April 22, 2008 at 10:58 PM  

I have never owned an apron and my clothes could really use it. Great prize!!

Christine April 22, 2008 at 10:59 PM  

P.S. My e-mail address is:

cmj818(at)hotmail.com

Anonymous April 22, 2008 at 11:01 PM  

Love the giveaway! Thanks! I love to bake, and my favorite is apple crisp!

Katie April 23, 2008 at 1:35 AM  

What a cute apron! My 5 year old and I love to bake cookies together. :)

kayteejo at hotmail dot com

Anonymous April 23, 2008 at 3:28 AM  

I love, love, love the apron! My favorite dish to cook is lasagna. Thank you for the giveaway! :)

zarache@aol.com

Suzie Williams April 23, 2008 at 4:31 AM  

The apron is adorable and the candy sounds delicious. My favorite dish to cook is anything pasta. I love pasta!

PS April 23, 2008 at 8:24 AM  

I would love an apron to cook our favorite dish in, Sweet potato lasagna! Yum

Bebemiqui April 23, 2008 at 8:26 AM  

I like making enchiladas. Great giveaway! Count me in. bebemiqui82(at)yahoo(dot)com

Anonymous April 23, 2008 at 9:48 AM  

How cute is that?!! For me it's all about the holidays. Come November, I'm in my glory until Easter.
txpoppet@gmail.com

World's Greatest Mommy April 23, 2008 at 10:22 AM  

That apron is adorable and the candy sounds great too. My favorite dish is a lasagna because I never mess it up and everyone loves it. You have to have a go-to meal like that.

Peggie April 23, 2008 at 10:23 AM  

This is a nice giveaway.

I like to make stromboli and it is messy so an apron would be great!

peggie dot loden at gmail dot com

Beth April 23, 2008 at 10:27 AM  

Love this idea for a giveaway! Thanks for the chance to participate! My husband's favorite is lasagna, but I prefer anything with shrimp.

Katie April 23, 2008 at 10:42 AM  

What a cute apron. and the candy sounds yummy. Thanks for a great giveaway. katie_mmartin(at) yahoo [dot] com

holly K April 23, 2008 at 12:24 PM  

I love this apron! It matches my kitchen. My kids have food allergies, so this candy sounds great!! Thanks! cookiecutter72 AT hotmail dot com

sweetsue April 23, 2008 at 12:46 PM  

What a wonderful prize, the apron is really cute. My favorite thing to cook is soups and stews.

Unknown April 23, 2008 at 1:21 PM  

Please enter me!

Scarlett April 23, 2008 at 1:36 PM  

This apron is so cute! I love to make guacamole, but I don't have a recipe because I just add things until it tastes good.

Alaina April 23, 2008 at 2:29 PM  

What a great prize! I love to cook - one of my favorite things is stir fry.

Anonymous April 23, 2008 at 2:43 PM  

Oh wow so cute please enter me!

phxbne April 23, 2008 at 2:48 PM  

Thanks for your giveaway!

Kara April 23, 2008 at 2:56 PM  

Oh, I really need a cute apron! Great giveaway!

Julie April 23, 2008 at 2:58 PM  

Would you believe I have fruit all over my kitchen wallpaper? This would be perfect for me.

Kate April 23, 2008 at 3:04 PM  

WOW.WOW.WOW. what a great giveaway, count me in please!! :D

Anonymous April 23, 2008 at 3:07 PM  

What a lovely apron! Very cute.
KawaiiNeko2008 (at) aol (dot) com

Anonymous April 23, 2008 at 3:10 PM  

I love to cook, any kind of desserts are my favorite. I'd love an apron and some candy :)

parky695 at hotmail dot com

Anonymous April 23, 2008 at 3:13 PM  

That apron is adorable! Please enter me. My favorite thing to make is cupcakes!

Bitten by Books April 23, 2008 at 3:51 PM  

GREAT giveaway!

That is a lovely apron. Candies sound YUM-O too!

Hey, if you have a chance, please stop by and visit my contest page too!
http://weirdstuffinmydesk.com/?p=41

my email is:
racoo.smith at gmail dot com

Thanks and have a lovely day!

Giabella Designs April 23, 2008 at 4:09 PM  

My favorite dish to EAT would be grilled salmon on a salad. I cook lots of pasta!

Jon and Sarah April 23, 2008 at 4:31 PM  

The apron is adorable. I love making homemade rolls despite the hours it takes.

Unknown April 23, 2008 at 8:44 PM  

Fun apron! And I have lots of veggie recipes on my site.

Susana la Banana April 23, 2008 at 8:56 PM  

I will try ANYTHING that makes cooking more fun! Thanks for the giveaway. =)

megret7 April 23, 2008 at 9:10 PM  

Oh, I need a new apron, and this one is too adorable!!

I love to bake shortbread; my family is of Scottish descent and it is a staple around here! Thanks! ( meg.wilson@gmail.com )

Renee April 23, 2008 at 9:24 PM  

Very cute Apron! Thanks for a chance to win it.

My fave recipe is lasagna -

already cooked lasagna noodles
12 ounces (sometimes more) tomato sauce
cottage cheese
mushrooms
onions
monzeralla cheese
italian seasoning
you favorite meat (we love chicken but alot of people like to use hamburger)

I cook the meat, add the sauce onions and mushrooms. I take a pan and layer it with the noodles, then pour the cooked sauce over the top, add some cottage cheese, some monzerlla cheese, and repeat the layers again until the pan is full. Then put it into an oven at 350 degrees until the Monzerlla cheese is melted. Mmmm Yummy!

Renee

Jhianna April 23, 2008 at 10:18 PM  

My favorite dish to cook would probably be chicken soup. It changes every time, but it's always good. My husband's favorite dish for me to cook would probably be Beef Mushroom stew. Send me a comment if you want the recipe!

Becca April 23, 2008 at 10:28 PM  

My husband teases me that it's not cooking for me unless there's a mess involved. This apron would be perfect! Thanks for the chance to win. beccachristensen@hotmail.com

Ben and April April 23, 2008 at 11:12 PM  

I would love to win the apron, so cute! The candy sounds yummy too! Thanks!

Jinxy and Me April 24, 2008 at 12:01 AM  

Great prize! Thanks for the giveaway!

Amanda April 24, 2008 at 12:44 AM  

Cute apron! It's kind of silly to even mention this, but a favorite and very simple recipe around our house is Taco Soup.

Tamara April 24, 2008 at 1:08 AM  

Great giveaway - love that apron!

Stir-fry is my favorite dish to cook right now - fast, easy and nutritious if you stick to spices rather than heavy sauces.

Tamara (AK)
mrshuntinak AT msn DOT com

Doris April 24, 2008 at 9:57 AM  

I could bake up a mean cheesy squash bake with that baby! And, did I mention, pomegranete is my new favorite flavor?

Anonymous April 24, 2008 at 10:18 AM  

Right now I have been making a lot of salads. My favorite is shrimp taco salad.

EG April 24, 2008 at 10:23 AM  

Very cute, thanks!

Anonymous April 24, 2008 at 11:01 AM  

oh my! this is way too cute, i really hope i win!

my favorite dish to cook is baked squash. its really simple. I just cut a peice of squash lenthwise twice to make 4 spears. then i just drizle with olive oil and a tiny pinch of salt and pepper. its so good!!!!

my email:
trepilynnell (at) juno (dot) com

:)

kiley April 24, 2008 at 11:02 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cindy April 24, 2008 at 11:03 AM  

I've been needing an apron. Great giveaway! Thanks for entering me.

Paisley April 24, 2008 at 11:43 AM  

Thank you for the awesome giveaway! I love the apron!

Unknown April 24, 2008 at 11:57 AM  

Just what i need!!! Please enter me!

Audra April 24, 2008 at 12:32 PM  

What a cute apron. My favorite and very easy meal is parmesean chicken http://kidtestedmotherapproved.blogspot.com/2008/03/parmesan-chicken-dinner.html

Thanks for the great giveaway!

Laurel April 24, 2008 at 12:37 PM  

cute apron!

i think my favorite meal to cook (since i can't decide to share a main course or a dessert) would be:

chicken sauteed with a little italian sausage, lots of mushrooms and garlic, some marinated artichoke hearts... served over penne... topped with a mound of freshly grated parmesan.

some lettuce greens tossed with balsamic vinegar, a sprinkle of basil and a touch of salt and pepper.

crusty bread with olive oil to dip.

brownies with sliced strawberries.

MMM.

Mandy April 24, 2008 at 12:51 PM  

I am LOVING that apron!!!! I love to cook, it's hard to pick a favorite recipe. Here's one that's super easy and always a crowd pleaser:

Creamy Cinnamon Squares
Ingerdients:
2 cans Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
¾ c. white sugar
2 (8 oz. each) packages cream cheese
1 tsp. vanilla

Topping:
¼ c. white sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon

Directions:
Spread 1 crescent roll package on bottom of greased 9 x 13 cake pan. Mix together 2 packages cream cheese, ¾ c. sugar, and 1 tsp. vanilla and spread on top of crescent roll. Spread 2nd crescent roll package on top of mixture. Mix ¼ c. sugar and 1 tsp. cinnamon and sprinkle on top of 2nd crescent roll. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Cool for awhile, then pop into the fridge until completely cold. Cut into squares and enjoy!

Notes: This is also delicious if you mix some apple pie filling in with the cream cheese.

Linda April 24, 2008 at 2:28 PM  

That apron suits me...and my kitchen just fine!

My family tells me I make a mean meatloaf and yummy tacos!

Thanks for the great giveaway!

Tracey April 24, 2008 at 2:36 PM  

I love the apron. Its so pretty

Tsh April 24, 2008 at 2:59 PM  

I would love this! I love cooking. I've been told I make awesome brownies, which actually come from the Williams-Sonoma Dessert cookbook.

monky April 24, 2008 at 4:08 PM  

It is beautful!

My fav dish is Impossible Taco Pie because it's easy to make and everyone enjoys it.

http://southernfood.about.com/od/groundbeefrecipes/r/bl30414r.htm

Thank you for the great giveaway!

themonkinme(at)gmail(dot)com

Kim April 24, 2008 at 4:19 PM  

I cook so much lately that I have a lot of favorites. But one that I am really hankering to have really soon can be found here: http://themisplacedmidwesterner.blogspot.com/2007/10/small-update-more-recipes.html Scroll down to the Easy Shrimp Pasta and enjoy!

http://themisplacedmidwesterner.blogspot.com/2007/10/small-update-more-recipes.html

Jennifer April 24, 2008 at 4:54 PM  

I love that apron! I would wear it while I bake biscuits and brownies with my daughters.

Alitheia April 24, 2008 at 7:15 PM  

Ohh, I love that apron =)
Count me in!

Jessie April 24, 2008 at 8:19 PM  

Cool apron, please count me in! I don't think that I have a "favorite" recipe but my family loves Chicken Divan so I make that quite a bit. Pretty standard recipe but I use Pepperidge Farms Herb Stuffing for the top and we love how it tastes. Thanks for the great contest!

The Chatty Housewife April 24, 2008 at 8:58 PM  

This isn't a dish, but a great dessert. Look up Paul's Pumpkin Bars on All recipes.com. We make it a lot! I would love to win this! Thank you so much for the giveaway! nw_wife(at)hotmail(dot)com

Lindsey April 24, 2008 at 9:31 PM  

cute, cute, cute apron. have never tried the candy. interesting flavor. llwoolard@hotmail.com

Chantelle April 24, 2008 at 9:45 PM  

how awesome! thank you!

Anonymous April 24, 2008 at 11:00 PM  

See this is the kind of prize that if I won, wouldn't create fights in my house. I could have the apron (which is so darn cute) and my husband could have the candies. All would be good. Thanks.
Heidi
sweet_soul_sistermi@yahoo.com

Neen April 24, 2008 at 11:39 PM  

What an adorable apron. I'd love to win it.

One of my favorite recipes is;

Chicken and Sweet Onion Casserole

3 to 4 boneless chicken breast halves
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 to 4 large red-skinned or Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and sliced
3 to 4 medium Vidalia sweet onions, peeled and sliced
1 can (10 3/4 ounces each) cream of mushroom soup, undilutedsalt,
pepper, and paprika, to taste

Wash chicken and pat dry.

Brown chicken breasts in oil and drain on paper towel.

Grease a 2-quart casserole.

Layer sliced potatoes on bottom; follow with a layer of onions and top with a layer of mushroom soup.

Gently, place chicken breast over soup and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and paprika.

Cover tightly with lid or foil and bake at 350° for 1 hour.

Justine April 24, 2008 at 11:43 PM  

That apron is so cute.
Thanks so much for the giveaway.
my e-mail is steen11@gmail.com

Anonymous April 25, 2008 at 12:32 AM  

(I hope this didn't post twice.)

I would love to be entered :) I post some of my favorite recipes at recipes.allthatblooms.net


Tiffany
raspberrykitty at aol dot com
http://www.allthatblooms.net

Be sure to check out my giveaway for a $15 e.l.f. giftcard!

Anonymous April 25, 2008 at 2:30 AM  

Awwww! How sweet is the history behind the nickname, MSM. Too cute. I am an empty nester, waiting for my new granddaughter...any day now. (sigh)
jessie steele Apron!!!!!...way cool!
Candy sounds interesting...thanks for the visit!

Angela April 25, 2008 at 8:45 AM  

Wow Ive always wanted an apron!!! Too cute!

I am hosting my own bloggy carnival over at Seven Dogs right now!! Connor’s First Birthday Blog Bash is featuring over $530 in prizes. Come check it out!!
http://www.sevendogsandababy.com

Jennifer April 25, 2008 at 10:16 AM  

I would love the apron!!! How pretty:)

Thanks for the giveaway:)

mamaredhead April 25, 2008 at 10:28 AM  

The apron is super cute!! I enjoy making lots of things - thepioneerwoman.com has fun things to make - but my favorite would be BROWNIES! lol

mamaredhead (at gmail dot com)

Cherie J April 25, 2008 at 11:44 AM  

I love to bake! Someone shared this recipe with me and I love to share new recipes that sound delicious:


Lorie’s Toblerone* Brownies

300g TOBLERONE* Dark Chocolate, roughly chopped
150g butter, chopped
1 ½ cups brown sugar
1 cup plain flour
4 eggs
½ cup sour cream
Cocoa for dusting

PLACE the TOBLERONE* and butter into a saucepan and heat gently until chocolate is melted. Remove from heat.
STIR through the sugar, flour, eggs and sour cream until well combined. Pour into a well lined 9 x 13cm pan.
BAKE at 180ºC for 30 minutes or until cooked through. Cool on a wire rack, cut into pieces dust with cocoa and serve.

It says to use the Toblerone dark and you can, their really wicked, but you can also use the regular milk chocolate one, or the white, or whatever. I've used more than one kind.


cherierjatyahoo.com

Unknown April 25, 2008 at 2:42 PM  

What a beautiful apron. Aprons are definately needed when making old family recipe cakes.

Re April 25, 2008 at 3:29 PM  

Thanks for a great giveaway! I hope i'm the lucky winner :)

GirlyAprons.com April 25, 2008 at 4:20 PM  

I missed out on getting this apron for myself. I would so love to have it!!

Peculiar April 25, 2008 at 5:48 PM  

This is so cool!! I love aprons!! This one is NICE!! Organic candy...I would love to try this!! Sounds really tasty! Enter me! I'm at 4bizkidz@bellsouth.net

melonkelli April 25, 2008 at 7:41 PM  

Cute apron!

Teri April 25, 2008 at 7:46 PM  

There are 2 reasons why I MUST win this prize...(hehe) - 1 - I love that apron & my kitchen is done all in fruit...and 2 - pomegranate is a symbol of fertility (because it produces so many seeds) and since I am infertile, I wear a pomegranate-colored bracelet around my wrist. :)

Erica G April 25, 2008 at 8:15 PM  

Very nice prize! My favorite dish is enchiladas!

egreca [at] hotmail [dot] com

Tabitha April 25, 2008 at 9:22 PM  

That apron is pretty and I need one! I love pomegranate too.

tcmyersATgmailDOTcom

katklaw777 April 26, 2008 at 2:36 AM  

such a pretty apron, all of us messy cooks need one! i have been using my slow cooker a lot lately. lots of recipes online(i really like the ones at about.com)a very easy recipe was to layer in the crock
1 lrg onion sliced
2 peppers any color sliced
6 chicken breast,bnless,sknless
1 lrg jar of chunky salsa poured on the top. 5 to 6 on high or 8 to 10 on low. don't peek
serve over wht or brn rice

enjoy! and thnx for your tasty giveaway katklaw777(at)yahoo(dot)com

Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

About This Blog

About This Blog

LaLa

  © Blogger template Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP