Things in My House Thursday #8

>> Thursday, September 18, 2008



THINGS IN MY HOUSE THURSDAY!!



This Thursday's contribution isn't something that was a planned part of my decor, but it is something of extreme importance.

My pencil cups:





Regardless of where I am in my house, I am never far from a pen, pencil, pair of scissors, letter opener - or an American flag for that matter. (The American flags are from years of July 4th celebrations; I don't want to throw them away, and I don't have a 'seasonal' drawer or closet to store things like this).

The two wicker cups are in the kitchen and in the living room near the computer.




The "fancy" pencil cup is on "Grandma's" desk.



The plastic drinking cups: they are in the bedroom, and.....the bathroom.



These five containers don't hold all of the pens and pencils in the house. There are also small drawers full of Sharpies, fat markers, highlighters, and colored pencils.



Okay, I have issues.


I know I am weird about this, because I could not count the number of homes I've been in when, if the occasion arose, there wasn't a writing utensil to be found, much less a pair of scissors. (We won't even talk about scotch tape). I'm fascinated by these non-writing, non-cutting homeowners, and wonder why my lifestyle is so different.

Let me know how many pencil cups you have; and join TIMHT for the fun of sharing things from your home, and getting to "go in" other people's houses!



9 comments:

Marilyn - A Mixed Bouquet September 18, 2008 at 11:42 AM  

I think you're just organized! I have one by my computer and one in the kitchen. My son has one beside his computer. They're necessary!

Renna September 18, 2008 at 11:53 AM  

And I thought I was bad! ;-Þ

I love those wicker pencil cups. I need to find some of those!

Carol September 18, 2008 at 4:24 PM  

Are you a Capricorn perchance? I am and we LOVE pens/pencils. I adore your colorful cups!!

Muddy September 18, 2008 at 6:21 PM  

I keep a pen or two by my computer and then a whole drawerful in the container(now a filing cabinet thanks to my husband) that sits next to my computer.

Each child has his or her pencil box and then there are a couple of large containers in two other places in my house that hold pens. My husband also has his own collection of pens and I do keep some in a junk drawer in the kitchen near the phone.

I also have boxes of pens that were discontinued from my husband's workplace (middleman of office supplies) It is ridiculous the amount of pens in this house.

My collection would probably rival yours head to head (or ball point to ball point? Gel Tip to Gel Tip?) I also keep scissors by my desk and in the kitchen (and a pair tucked away that is JUST for sewing) There are scissors in the bathroom for hair and the kids each have their own.

Still and yet-in the car-sometimes I am without a pen because someone will use mine and not put it back in the right drawer in my dashboard!!!

I love your collection -especially with the American Flags mixed in :) That makes me smile.

Tins and Treasures September 19, 2008 at 5:59 AM  

I actually have a whole dresser just for this kind of stuff...pens, pencils, markers, tape, stapler, envelopes, notepads, etc. etc.

The 'tins' part of 'tins and treasures' is for the food cans that I decorate for this very purpose! (now I make all sizes for a variety of things) I have a couple at school with my pens & pencils!

MSM September 19, 2008 at 8:57 AM  

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one out there that is living in a mini office depot and hobby lobby. . . !

And OF COURSE I have scissors, tape, and pens, pencils, sharpies, and highlighters in my car.

Suzanne September 19, 2008 at 9:22 AM  

Thanks for dropping by my blog and signing up for the give-away! I appreciate it! Wow -- that's a lot of pencils. I'm pretty conventional -- one cup in each bedroom, one in the kitchen, 2 in the study. A little boring, I know... ;o)

Amy, a redeemed sheep September 19, 2008 at 3:06 PM  

I am so late...I did post a post. I copy catted YOU!! What a fun post!

A happy heart at home September 21, 2008 at 11:16 PM  

I missed out on contributing to this meme, but I have a pencil cup right next to my desktop computer that is covered in small pieces of construction paper, glued on by my daughter when she was a little girl. That's why I keep it where I can see it and use it. :)

~Susan

Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

About This Blog

About This Blog

LaLa

  © Blogger template Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP