Things In My House Thursday # 12

>> Thursday, October 16, 2008



Sleeping Monkeys



Well, they don't actually sleep, because, of course, they aren't actually alive, but I sleep. With a monkey. (No, I'm not talking about my husband).


Since I was a teenager, I've had a stuffed monkey that doubled as a favorite pillow. That original monkey survived many moves and travels, until he met his demise at the hands (mouth) of a beloved but bored rottweiler. Number One was taken from my bed, decapitated and gutted; there was no hope.


Enter monkey #2, pictured here (in its current state):




This monkey has been around for nearly 20 years, and is in very good shape. (And yes, I do throw him in the washer and dryer). He lost his nose and mouth somewhere along the way, thanks to yet another dog, but he's otherwise quite intact. When he is a goner, for whatever reason, a backup is ready, waiting, and resembling current monkey pillow when Two was new:





Hey, these stuffed animals, if put to good use, age just like us..... they can't look fluffy and perky and pristine forever!




Join TIMHT and share with others!
Post, LINK, comment and Visit!


7 comments:

Renna October 16, 2008 at 12:32 AM  

He's adorable, Jenn. So, your hubby doesn't get jealous of the monkey, huh? ;-)

My Open Nest October 16, 2008 at 7:52 AM  

What a funky monkey; I love it!

Amy, a redeemed sheep October 16, 2008 at 7:59 AM  

Now I have heard everything! Ha! :-D

Marilyn - A Mixed Bouquet October 16, 2008 at 1:44 PM  

How neat!

Amydeanne October 16, 2008 at 8:15 PM  

i love your blog! it's so lovely! and those monkeys! too cute!

Carol October 16, 2008 at 9:32 PM  

I LOVE your monkeys!!! I like the used and abused one the best. He's showing the love.

elizabeth October 16, 2008 at 10:11 PM  

My son always loved monkeys when he was little! This is a great story.

I finally was able to join in this week - woohoo!!! :)

Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

About This Blog

About This Blog

LaLa

  © Blogger template Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP