For Muddy

>> Thursday, April 3, 2008

I've got something going here, with these 'personalized' posts.  My first, For Susan, was about my high score on Virusbuster / Dr. Mario.   Muddy stole my glory over that, because her high score was more than double mine and Susan's.  (But, Muddy, it didn't make me give up; I'm still trying, and I'm up to 1060 now!!)

Then, For Elana was inspired because her 'blogging tips' post was directed to me; at least that's what I believe since I failed to meet most of her 'good blogger' requirements.
And here's where Muddy comes in again, and makes me feel even more like a slacker, because she's a fantastic picture-takin'-video- compiling-daily-posting blogger.

But! Susan can't catch up to me on Dr. Mario, Elana is right, and Muddy has given me the reason for this post, by asking my thoughts on American Idol.   It's all good.




On this week's two nights specifically:  I enjoyed them because I really like Dolly Parton!  Also, there were at least 3 or maybe 4 songs that mentioned Jesus - refreshing, even if it wasn't "Christian" music, so to speak.

Now, that band that played:  ?????  The instruments were great, but that singer sounded terrible.  Then again, maybe it was the AI 'system' or something, because Dolly didn't sound completely like herself, either.

The contestants:  my faves are Baby David first, and then Michael Johns and David Cook are tied for second.  I think it really doesn't matter which of the three of them win;  they are going to have music careers.   

I like stinky-head Jason,  but he is just the same thing over and over.  ( I don't know if his head stinks, but you supposedly can't wash those dreadlocks, and when he did his outdoor interview, there were gnats flying around his head. . .)

I DID like Kristy Lee, but she has been too sassy lately.  And I used to like Brooke okay, but she now gets on my last nerve the way she talks over / interrupts / argues with Simon. And she didn't "get" the Jolene song  - she shouldn't have been smiling while she sang it.  She's also a bit too much of the same thing, like Jason.

I have NEVER been able to reconcile Carly's voice with her appearance.  I know I'm not the only person to say they have to close their eyes to enjoy her singing.   Her clothing is atrocious, her  grimaces are distracting, and she seems to wear nothing but sleeveless tops so that we can never get a break from her arm tattoo.  She has such a beautiful voice and sweet face; that tattoo confuses my brain.  It would have looked perfectly 'normal' on Amanda Overmyer, but. . .

Then there's Syesha.  I don't know what it is about her;  she's pretty and she has a great voice, but she does nothing for me.  She makes me understand what the judges mean when they say someone 'doesn't connect with the audience'.  

That's about it.  This season seems to going by quickly; and I'm not 'stressed' about any eliminations because I do think my favorites are going to be winners even if they are only runners-up. 

1 comments:

Muddy April 4, 2008 at 1:30 AM  

I'm sorry that I made you feel like a slacker and stole your glory! ::hangs head in shame::

I'm glad though that it helped you to try again and again to get a higher and higher score though. (way to go) ::high five::

I really cannot say much about posting. I have been trying hard since the first of this year (after blogging for four years) to discipline myself with my writing more. Last year I only posted once a month for the most part and only half heartedly wrote much of anything.

My AI favorites so far are David Cook, David A, , Brooke White and Jason Castro. I'm not as fond of the rest of them as much. I agree with your sentiments about Carly. Sometimes I do wish she would wear something with sleaves so that the tatoos wouldn't be such a distraction.

Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

About This Blog

About This Blog

LaLa

  © Blogger template Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP